Saturday, December 6, 2008

This has been a busy week! I especially love teaching preschool this time of year. We went on a field trip this week to the Magic House and saw Santa. One of my children asked for a turkey for Christmas. At school on Thursday a student came in the room saying Merry Christmas to everyone! Another child asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her a pair of brown shoes and a pretty ring. She told me that I could choose 5 things! I have a feeling Mom asked her to choose her top 5 wishes. They are so precious !!!!

I also learned this week how wonderful it is to be an American and living in the U.S. An uncle of one of my students and I were talking at the Magic House. Their family came to the U.S. when he was 11 years old. He was born in China and his family left China because of the bad treatment of the people. They went to Vietnam and lived there and Thailand. They came to America because of war in Vietnam. He told me he never has fear here because of what he lived through. As a child growing up he lived through bombs going off around him and shaking the ground. He remembers walking in the streets and the dead bodies all around him. He never has fear because he has seen the horrors and lived through it! Wow! It puts our lives in perspective! I went home thanking God for the blessings he has given me.

I'm reading a great book for Christmas called "The Purpose of Christmas" written by Rick Warren. It helps me focus on the true meaning of Christmas throught the craziness of the season! Back to decorating!

P. S. I am officially a nerd!! My daughter read my profile on the blog and told me that I am such a nerd!

No comments: