Saturday, September 11, 2010

Do you Remember?

Do you remember where you were when the towers were attacked? I'll never forget.  I was getting ready for the first day of preschool.  I remember seeing it live on TV and the first thing I did was call my mom and dad.  I then called Mike to inform him.  He works close to the Federal Reserve and the Arch so I wanted to make sure he was being careful.  I remember the faces of the mothers dropping their children off at school worried that their children would be okay and reassuring them that they would be fine.  I remember picking my children up from school and hugging them like there was no tomorrow.  We put our flag out, the one we only put out on holidays.  It has never come back in the house.  I remember going to church with my family.  I cried and prayed.  To this day I can't watch the TV when they show the towers colapsing.  Today I'm remembering and praying for those lives lost, their families, and those  firefighters who worked endlessly.  I am also praying for those in the Armed Forces and their families who have sacrificed so much. 

No comments: