Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm getting my materials ready for a day trip to Peoria, IL. I'm going to take a class from Wendy Vecchi. We are going to learn how to make those unbelievable flowers she makes out of grungepaper. I can't wait to show and tell my flowers!

FYI: Best Fish Fry in South County is at Zion United Methodist Church on Union Rd. The fish is fresh and hand breaded there and they make all the side dishes from scratch! The cole slaw is great and the German Potato Salad is the best I've ever had. The recipe is a secret that is given out to only a few people in the kitchen. The recipe is over 100 years old and was used when the church was still located on the South Side of St. Louis. Went tonight and you couldn't believe the crowd! The next one is in 2 weeks. They have them every other Friday during Lent and then usually again in the Fall. The fish fryer is the greatest, my dad. My mom organizes the desserts.

No comments: