Monday, February 23, 2009

It's been awhile since I've posted anything! Sorry! A big thank you to those who came to the February Card Class. Hopefully I'll have the new cards posted soon.

This past week I have learned that one minute everything is wonderful and the next minute your world changes. Friday I went out with 3 friends for a great day in St. Charles. We were gone from 10:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. We were celebrating Susan's birthday. We had a blast! I dropped everyone off and walked in the door to a phone call. It was Mike telling me his brother was at St. Anthony's and was having emergency surgery for a tear in his aorta at 6:15. I rushed to the hospital, luckily we are 5 minutes away. We sat in the cardiac waiting room waiting for word that he was going to be okay. He came through the surgery fine and there was not a tear in the aorta. It is inflamed and now we are dealing with what caused it. My brother-in-law is 54 years old and to look at him you would think the picture of health. He plays tennis and baseball and is very active. We have his 17 year old daughter staying with us. I am not use to getting kids up for school anymore! We are hoping he will be coming home by the end of the week.

Good News: Greg came home this weekend and he's feeling pretty darn good. He hopefully will be able to start running soon. He is throwing, catching, and batting! Once he can run without any pain, he can return to baseball.

More Good News: Steph is signing a temporary teaching contract tomorrow. Yeah! She will now get paid as a first year teacher. She has worked so hard for this and we are hoping this will be a stepping stone to a contract for next year.

Life can really throw us curve balls sometimes, I guess we just have to swing and hope for the best. Tomorrow: I am starting back at the Y and swimming laps.

No comments: